(735 Sycamore Drive, Decatur GA)
3:45-4:30 pm Lion King Experience Songs & Scenes (ages 4-6/prek-1st) ~~ Acting, Creative Dramatics and Musical Theatre
4:30-5:30 pm Lion King Experience Elementary Theatre Arts (2nd-5th) ~~ Acting, Improv, Musical Theatre, and Voice
5:30-6:30 pm Improv Ensemble (3rd-10th) ~~ Improv & Comedic Acting
2:00-4:00 pm Young Actors Ensemble Rehearsal: The Lion King JR (2nd-10th)
4:00-5:00 pm Lion King Experience Intermediate Theatre Arts (4th-10th) ~~ Acting, Improv, Musical Theatre, and Voice
Classes will meet weekly September - May with breaks for CDH Fall Break, Thanksgiving, Christmas/New Years, Winter Break (February) and Spring Break (April). Other than those dates, there will be some Mondays where there is no school but we will offer class. We take off 1 Saturday bordering a week-long break, but will meet the other Saturday.
Monday Classes will begin September 10, or when minimum enrollment is reached in a class.
Saturday Classes begin September 15, or when minimum enrollment is reached in a class. (Please note the Saturday start date has moved to 9/15, originally scheduled for 9/8)
If classes have not reached minimum enrollment by the planned start date, the class will be postponed until minimum enrollment has been reached, and tuition will be pro-rated. Families are not charged any tuition until a class has "made".
|Amount of Instruction||Single Payment Up-Front||2 Semester Payments |
(Sep & Jan)
|9 Monthly Payments |
(Sep - May)
|Spring Showcase Recital||Production / Tech Week Fee|
|Registration Fee ($25 student / $40 family)||$25 - $40|
|Lion King Experience Songs & Scenes class (45 min weekly)||$418.95 (5% discount)||$220.50||$49||included|
|Lion King Experience Theatre Skills class (1 hr weekly) OR Improv Ensemble (1 hr weekly)||$504.45 (5% discount)||$265.50||$59||included|
|2 hours of weekly class (Lion King Experience Theatre Skills AND Improv Ensemble||$846.45 (5% discount)||$445.50||$99||included|
|YOUNG ACTORS ENSEMBLE: THE LION KING||$555.75 (5% discount)||$292.50||$65||$100 **|
|Jr Theatre Festival Troupe||$295/person|
**PRODUCTION / TECH WEEK FEES**
30 days before the show each Lion King cast member will be billed a $100 production / tech week fee. This includes:
- 2 comp general tickets to the show (additional tickets can be purchased for $12-$15)
- cast keepsake tshirt & script
- masks & costume pieces
- set & scenic elements, and props
- licensing and royalties
- app. 20 hours of staff instruction & supervision during tech week
- 2-4 additional rehearsals & 2-3 performances during tech week
There are no required minimum ticket sales for the Lion King cast this year. The Production Fee/Tech Week Fee will cover the expenses traditionally paid for by the required ticket sales. Production/Tech Week Fees can be covered by selling advanced ticket orders, show sponsorships, or cast shout-outs too!
Registration Is Open! Click HERE for details on our NEW online registration portal.
Forefront Arts performing arts classes for kids and teens include warm-ups, technique training, drama games, performance exercises, and rehearsal. Our instructors are professional theatre artists in Atlanta, with degrees in Theatre, Vocal Performance, or Musical Theatre. All of our instructors have passed extensive background checks. We strive to foster an environment of fun and encouragement, while also delivering high-quality instruction and helping students grow as artists and performers.
We also offer in-home private lessons in Acting, Voice, Dance, and Piano!
- Weekly classes feature warm-ups, technique training, drama games, performance exercises, and rehearsal of performance pieces.
- Throughout the year students will develop their acting, improv, musical theatre, voice, and dance skills in class. This allows each child to learn new skills, find new strengths, and continue to improve in all aspects of theatre performance!
- We will be following special Lion King Experience Curriculum to coordinate with our YAE musical this year, which will take each class through an 18-unit process that explores fundamentals of theatre-making including: Acting, Design, Music, Playwriting, Choreography, Directing, Technical Theatre, and Stage Management.
- Special weeks throughout the year include optional themes including Pajama Week, Bring A Friend Week, Bring Your Parents Week, and Wear a Costume Week
- Students will perform with their classes at the Forefront Arts Spring Showcase in May 2019 and an invited-parent class in December 2018.
- Students enrolled in a Forefront Arts class can audition to join our performance troupes, the Young Actors Ensemble, Jr Theatre Festival troupe, or FATE, to participate in full-scale productions and additional performance opportunities throughout the year.