Forefront Arts performing arts classes for kids and teens include warm-ups, technique training, drama games, performance exercises, and rehearsal. Our instructors are professional theatre artists in Atlanta, with degrees in Theatre, Vocal Performance, or Musical Theatre. All of our instructors have passed extensive background checks. We strive to foster an environment of fun and encouragement, while also delivering high-quality instruction and helping students grow as artists and performers.
Bolton Academy: 2268 Adams Drive, Atlanta GA 30318
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!
Forefront Arts is excited to be offering 2 performance opportunities
for Bolton Academy students during the 2017-2018 season:
Songs & Scenes theatre class -- Acting, Creative Dramatics, & Musical Theatre for prek-1st graders (typically ages 4-6)
Fridays, 3-4 pm
Calling all young performers who love to be in the spotlight! We will sing, dance, and act in class each week! We'll use our imaginations to make up stories, learn how to express our feelings and create characters, and we'll rehearse material from various children's plays and musicals as we put our performance skills to use! Fun theater games, music, puppetry, crafts, and other creative activities will help students grow artistically while working as a team and having fun. The class will perform as the opening act for the Bolton Academy Drama Club's performance in the spring, as well as at the Forefront Arts Spring Showcase at a professional theatre at the end of the school year.
Bolton Academy Drama Club -- a full-scale theatrical performance experience for 2nd-5th graders
Tuesdays, 3-4:30 pm
$60/month (includes production expenses such as sets, lights, props, costume pieces, rights & royalties of the play, a personal keepsake script, and more!)
Under the direction of a professional director, Bolton students will rehearse and perform a full-scale theatrical production (selected based on the enrolled students to ensure the selected show provides ample opportunity to showcase every student!) Every enrolled student will be cast in the show and given opportunities to shine onstage! In addition to rehearsing the show students will receive training in audition technique, stage positions, acting, singing, dancing, projection & enunciation, physicality, & much more! Performances will take place at Bolton Academy in spring 2018. After the play performances the Drama Club students will continue to meet weekly to work on their performance training while learning new material to be performed at the Forefront Arts Spring Showcase held at a professional theatre at the end of the school year.
Students enrolled in spring semester Songs & Scenes class and Drama Club will be REQUIRED to perform with their classes at the Forefront Arts Spring Showcase in May 2018. A $30 recital fee will be charged to your account in spring 2018 (advance notice will be given) to cover recital expenses such as venue rental, security, additional staff, professional lighting & sound equipment and technicians, etc. Spring Showcase is quite a production and we want it to be a special experience for our students and their families! More details regarding Spring Showcase will be sent to parents in spring semester.
Note to Parents not enrolled in the PSC After School Program: Upon receiving enrollment confirmation, please advise your child’s classroom teacher IN WRITING that your child will be attending PSC Enrichment Clubs, the days, dates of the club(s), and that he/she will report to PSC on those days. Please note club times and be prompt in picking up your child. Parents should pick up children at the after school program.
Tuesday Classes begin September 5, 2017
Friday Classes begin September 8, 2017
BOLTON THEATRE CLASSES DETAILS
- Weekly classes feature warm-ups, technique training, drama games, performance exercises, and rehearsal of performance pieces.
- Throughout the year students will develop their acting, improv, musical theatre, voice, and dance skills in class. This allows each child to learn new skills, find new strengths, and continue to improve in all aspects of theatre performance!
- Special weeks throughout the year include optional themes including Pajama Week, Bring A Friend Week, Bring Your Parents Week, and Wear a Costume Week
- Students will perform at Bolton Academy for the Spring Musical and at the Forefront Arts Spring Showcase.
$25 yearly registration fee for 1 student due at registration.
$45 yearly registration fee for a FAMILY (more than 1 child enrolling) due at registration.
- You may make 9 monthly payments, 2 semester payments, or 1 season payment. If you make 1 season payment you will receive a 5% discount.
- Tuition is based on a yearly fee for the total amount of instruction provided during the 2017-2018 season.
- The full amount of tuition is averaged and broken into equal monthly payments. Monthly tuition does not reflect the number of classes meeting in that month. You will pay the same whether your class meets 3, 4, or 5 times.
- Students joining mid-semester will be pro-rated so they are not charged for classes that have already happened.
No refunds or credits are given for classes missed by the student due to illness, travel, or other activities. If a class is cancelled due to inclement weather we will do our best to offer a make-up class at the end of the session.
SPRING SHOWCASE FEE
- Students are required to perform in the Spring Showcase with their class at the end of the season. A $30 recital fee will be charged to your account in spring 2018 (advance notice will be given) to cover recital expenses such as venue rental, security, additional staff, professional lighting & sound equipment and technicians, etc. The Showcase is a very special experience our students and their families look forward to and enjoy each year!
- Every cast member is required to sell 10 tickets to the Drama Club show, or the equivalent amount in cast shout-outs or ads for the play program. Cast members will have the opportunity to accept pre-orders from family & friends for their 10 ticket minimum, or we can bill the student's account and give you the 10 tickets to distribute as you like.
2017-2018 BOLTON ACADEMY TUITION
Class Single Payment
(5% discount)2 Semester Payments(At Registration & December)
9 Monthly Payments
(Registration - May)
Songs & Scenes $427.50 $225 $50 Drama Club $513 $270 $60
ENROLLMENT & TUITION POLICIES
Forefront Arts theatre classes at Bolton Academy will run September 2017-May 2018. Enrollment in both classes is for the school year, with all students expected to perform in the Forefront Arts Spring Showcase in May 2018. If for some reason a student needs to withdraw from the Songs & Scenes class mid-year, 30-day written notice must be submitted by emailing info@ForefrontArts.com or register@ForefrontArts.com by December 1, 2017 and withdrawal will take place between semesters over Christmas Break. No withdrawals from the Songs & Scenes class will be accepted after the withdrawal deadline. The Drama Club commitment is for the school year through May and students are not permitted to withdraw mid-year because their absence would disrupt the rehearsal progress of the show and negatively affect all of the other cast members.
At a minimum, Songs & Scenes students are expected to participate in their class for the entire fall semester through December 2017 so that their absence does not disrupt the rest of the class as they work on performance pieces. If written notice of withdrawal is not received by December 1, 2017, Songs & Scenes students will automatically continue on the class rosters for the spring semester and students will be expected to participate in the class through the Spring Showcase in May 2018.
Enrollment in the Drama Club is for the school year and mid-year withdrawal is not permitted. Drama Club members must commit to participate for the entire season, through the Spring Showcase in May 2018. If selecting a monthly payment plan for the Drama Club, families are committing to pay the monthly amount through May 2018, regardless of participation.