Peachtree Road Methodist Church, 3180 Peachtree Road, Atlanta 30305.
Enroll in a fall class and contact us if you want to schedule a troupe audition. Auditions will consist of each student performing a musical theatre song with instrumental track (karaoke track), and performing a memorized monologue. Then we will do a brief interview with parents & student to discuss the commitment of joining a troupe and answer any questions. Students must be enrolled in a fall class in order to audition and join one of our troupes.
We also offer private lessons in Acting, Voice, Dance, and Piano!
2017-2018 SOUTH BUCKHEAD SCHEDULE
Students can join throughout the year as each class continues to work on new material.
12:30-1:45 pm Songs & Scenes (ages 3-6) -- Acting, Creative Dramatics & Musical Theatre (Lunchtime runs 12:15-1 pm, Class runs 1-1:45 pm. Children coming from other preschools may arrive anytime before 1 pm).
1:45-2:30 pm (ages 3-6/preK-1st) ~~ Acting, Creative Dramatics & Musical Theatre
2:30-3:30 pm Elementary Theatre Skills (2nd-5th) ~~ Acting, Improv, Musical Theatre & Voice
2:30-3:30 pm Intermediate Theatre Skills (4th-8th) ~~ Acting, Improv, Musical Theatre & Voice
3:30-5:30 pm Young Actors Ensemble Rehearsal (2nd-8th)
Classes will meet weekly September - May with breaks for Thanksgiving, Christmas/New Years, Winter Break (February) and Spring Break (April). Some locations may have additional breaks due to the day of the weeks classes are held and the local school calendar. Some months will have a class on a Monday that is off for school, but our classes will not be cancelled. For week-long school breaks one weekend will be off, but our classes and rehearsals will meet the other Saturday/Sunday and students are expected to be in attendance. Students do not get two consecutive weeks off from Saturday or Sunday classes due to a school break.
Wednesday Classes will begin September 6, or when minimum enrollment is reached in a class.
Sunday Classes begin September 10, or when minimum enrollment is reached in a class.
If classes have not reached minimum enrollment by the planned start date, the class will be postponed until minimum enrollment has been reached, and tuition will be pro-rated. Families are not charged any tuition until a class has "made".
- Weekly classes feature warm-ups, technique training, drama games, performance exercises, and rehearsal of performance pieces.
- Throughout the year students will develop their acting, improv, musical theatre, voice, and dance skills in class. This allows each child to learn new skills, find new strengths, and continue to improve in all aspects of theatre performance!
- Special weeks throughout the year include optional themes including Pajama Week, Bring A Friend Week, Bring Your Parents Week, and Wear a Costume Week
- Students will perform with their classes at the Forefront Arts Spring Showcase in May 2018
- Students enrolled in a Forefront Arts class can audition to join our performance troupes, the Young Actors Ensemble or FATE, to participate in full-scale productions and additional performance opportunities throughout the year.
FOR INFORMATION ON OUR YEAR-LONG PERFORMANCE TROUPES, THE YOUNG ACTORS ENSEMBLE AND FOREFRONT ARTS TEEN ENSEMBLE (FATE) CLICK HERE.
SOUTH BUCKHEAD CLASS AND SHOW PRICING
YEARLY REGISTRATION FEE
$25 yearly registration fee for 1 student due at registration.
$45 yearly registration fee for families (enrolling more than 1 student) due at registration.
- You may make 9 monthly payments, 2 semester payments, or 1 season payment. If you make 1 season payment you will receive a 5% discount.
- Tuition is based on a yearly fee for the total amount of instruction provided during the 2016-2017 season.
- The full amount of tuition is averaged and broken into equal monthly payments. Monthly tuition does not reflect the number of classes meeting in that month. You will pay the same whether your class meets 3, 4, or 5 times.
- The Spring Showcase recital fee is included in class tuition. Students are required to perform in the Showcase with their class at the end of the season to celebrate and show off all that they have learned.
|Amount of Instruction|| |
(includes 5% discount)
| 2 Semester Payments |
(Reg in Aug/Sep & December
|9 Monthly Payments |
(Registration in Aug/Sep - May)
|1 weekly class||$555.75||$292.50||$65|
|2 weekly classes||$897.75||$472.50||$105|
|YOUNG ACTORS ENSEMBLE||$555.75||$292.50||$65|
|Private Coaching -- $60/hour|