Enroll in a fall class and contact us if you want to schedule an audition to join our Young Actors Ensemble (open to 2nd-12th grade) to perform in "The Lion King JR", our Jr Theatre Festival Troupe or the Forefront Arts Teen Ensemble (open to 6th-12th grade) to perform in several comedic productions.
JOHNS CREEK SCHEDULE
(all classes will be incorporating the special The Lion King Experience curriculum as well as other theatre training and performances!)
3:45-4:30 pm Lion King Experience Songs & Scenes (ages 4-6/prek-1st) ~~~ Acting, Creative Dramatics & Musical Theatre
4:30-5:30 pm Lion King Experience Elementary Theatre Skills (2nd-5th) ~~~ Acting, Improv, Musical Theatre & Voice **
5:30-6:30 pm Lion King Experience Intermediate Theatre Skills I and II (6th-12th) ~~~ Acting, Improv, Musical Theatre & Voice
5:30-6:30 pm ** Elementary students in "The Lion King" have dinner & homework break between class & YAE rehearsal
6:30-8:30 pm Young Actors Ensemble Rehearsal: The Lion King JR (2nd-12th)
Private Coaching scheduled based on instructor availability
9:45 am-11:45 am Forefront Arts Teen Ensemble (FATE) Rehearsal (7th-12th)
12:00-1:00 pm Improv Ensemble (4th-12th)
Private coaching scheduled based on instructor availability
Classes will meet weekly September - May with breaks for Thanksgiving (Nov), Christmas/New Years (Dec/Jan), and the public school Spring Break (April). For week-long school breaks one weekend will be off, but our classes and rehearsals will meet the other Saturday/Sunday and students are expected to be in attendance.Students will not be allowed to miss two consecutive weeks from Saturday/Sunday classes due to a school break.
Tuesday Classes will run September 4 - May 14 -- app. 30 classes.
Saturday Classes will run September 9 - May 18 -- app. 30 classes.
We expect to take off 2-3 weeks for our YAE and FATE tech weeks, depending on when the show dates are scheduled. We are building these additional weeks into the class calendar.
If classes have not reached minimum enrollment by the planned start date, the class will be postponed until minimum enrollment has been reached, and tuition will be pro-rated. Families are not charged any tuition until a class has "made".
|Amount of Instruction||Single Payment Up-Front ||
2 Semester Payments
(Sep & Jan)
|9 Monthly Payments |
(Sep - May)
|Spring Showcase recital||Production / Tech Week Fee (billed 30 days before each show)|
|Registration Fee ($25 student / $40 family||$25 - $40|
|Lion King Experience Songs & Scenes class (45 min weekly)||$418.95 (5% discount)||$220.50||$49||included in tuition|
|Lion King Experience Theatre Skills class OR Improv Ensemble class (1 hr weekly)||$504.45 (5% discount)||$265.50||$59||included in tuition|
|2 hours -- Lion King Experience Theatre Skills class AND Improv Ensemble class (2 hrs weekly)||$846.45 (5% discount)||$445.50||$99||included in tuition|
|YOUNG ACTORS ENSEMBLE: The Lion King||$555.75 (5% discount)||$292.50||$65||$100 **|
|FATE: Complete Works of Wm. Shakespeare Abridged||$555.75 (5% discount)||$292.50||$65||$100 **|
|Jr Theatre Festival||$295/ person|
**PRODUCTION / TECH WEEK FEES**
30 days before each show each cast member will be billed a $100 production / tech week fee. This includes:
- 2 comp general tickets to the show (additional tickets can be purchased for $12-$15)
- cast keepsake tshirt & script
- masks & costume pieces
- set & scenic elements, and props
- licensing and royalties
- app. 20 hours of staff instruction & supervision during tech week
- 2-4 additional rehearsals & 2-3 performances during tech week
There are no required minimum ticket sales for the YAE and FATE casts this year. The Production /Tech Week Fee will cover the expenses traditionally paid for by the required ticket sales. Production/Tech Week fees can also be covered by Advance Ticket orders, Cast Sponsorships, or Shout-Outs in the programs.
Registration Is Open! Click HERE for details on our NEW online registration portal.
Forefront Arts performing arts classes for kids and teens include warm-ups, technique training, drama games, performance exercises, and rehearsal. Our instructors are professional theatre artists in Atlanta, with degrees in Theatre, Vocal Performance, or Musical Theatre. All of our instructors have passed extensive background checks. We strive to foster an environment of fun and encouragement, while also delivering high-quality instruction and helping students grow as artists and performers.
We also offer private lessons in Acting, Voice, Dance, and Piano!
- Weekly classes feature warm-ups, technique training, drama games, performance exercises, and rehearsal of performance pieces.
- Throughout the year students will develop their acting, improv, musical theatre, voice, and dance skills in class. This allows each child to learn new skills, find new strengths, and continue to improve in all aspects of theatre performance!
- Special weeks throughout the year include optional themes including Pajama Week, Bring A Friend Week, Bring Your Parents Week, and Wear a Costume Week
- We will be following special Lion King Experience Curriculum to coordinate with our YAE musical this year, which will take each class through an 18-unit process that explore fundamentals of theatre-making including: Acting, Design, Music, Playwriting, Choreography, Directing, Technical Theatre, and Stage Management.
- Students will perform with their classes at the Forefront Arts Spring Showcase in May 2019.
- Students enrolled in a Forefront Arts class can audition to join our performance troupes: the Young Actors Ensemble, the Jr Theatre Festival troupe or Forefront Arts Teen Ensemble (FATE), to participate in full-scale productions and additional performance opportunities throughout the year.